8th Ed. Not so much a question as a funny situation involving a sal

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by bobert, Jul 17, 2011.

1. bobert
    Jungle Swarm

bobert New Member

So, my salamander misfired twice in a row and ate all his handlers... :S Now here's the kicker... He rolls off on the reaction chart because he no longer has any handlers... and becomes enraged? We figure he's wracked with guilt and has misplaced the the anger he has for what he's done on the enemy. Sort of a "look what you made me do!" situation.

2. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Hehe, yeah. Nothing like ticking off a sali! I had a similar situation with one of my sali units. Only had 1 handler left (wasn't from enemy fire, just from my sali being hungy! :jawdrop: ). I was able to get my Slann in range to cast gain-wound spells from Lore of Life to revive the unit. As bad as my die rolls were that day, I'd hate to see what I would have rolled on the monster reaction table. :jawdrop:

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

You did take your leadership test before testing, I assume?

I played a game against some empire army once. I had a unit that had 2 salamanders with extra handlers. The salamanders ate all the handlers and then proceded to pass the leadership test and utterly decimate the pisotlers that were trying to kill them. It was awesome.

4. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Maybe after he was done with the pesky things poking him he decided for something tastyer. Warm blooded reatures seem to attract a reptile's attention naturally.