AoS Old fantasy player, AoS Army info

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by exwhyzero, Aug 18, 2020.

1. exwhyzero
    Saurus

exwhyzero Member

Hey all, Hope this is in the right place,

I used to play Lizardmen back when they were still lizardmen and have recently decided to dust them off and give them a refresh. I havent had a chance to look at the AoS rules yet or the seraphon book, So in basic, what would be an average sized army and what sort of minis would I look to include from my collection (about 4k of WFB minis).

Dont need detail, just average units and size just so i know what to start re-painting before i can get to a store =]

hope this makes sense.

cheers =]

Imrahil likes this.
  2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria.

2000 points is the standard army size. Most Seraphon units are playable. Saurus Guard are the only units that I wouldn't spam. Generally you want to either focus on Skinks or Saurus. However, a mixture can work well in Thunderlizards or Dracothion's tail though.

If you go a Skink build you can expect about 120-160 models. If you focus on Saurus then anticipate around 60-120 modles. You can also build behemoth dinosaur list with 6-20 models.

• Saurus Warriors come in units of 10-40
    • Saurus Knights come in units of 5-20
    • Saurus Guard come in units of 5-30
    • Skinks come in units of 10-40
    • Terradon/Ripperdactyls come in units of 3-12
    • Kroxigot come in units of 3-12
    • Chameleon Skinks come in units of 5-20
    • Razordon/Salamander Hunting Packs come in units of 4-12 (3 handlers per one Razdon/Salamander)
    • The rest of the units are single model Bemeoths or heroes.

Imrahil and Schwaaah like this.
  3. exwhyzero
    Saurus

exwhyzero Member

Cheers for the response, ironically it still says im a new user because i dont post much, been here since 2012 :p

By the sounds of it an army would be similar to how I used to play anyway. Are slann still viable?
    ( I used to run 3x 30 saurus units, 1 x Temple guard unit with slann, then some knights and heroes and a few random bits) I assume this sort of list would still work then?

Imrahil and LizardWizard like this.
  4. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Slann are very viable. Kroak is the better option though.

Also, heroes no longer attache to units. However, Saurus Guard can soak damage for Slann/Kroak if they are near by. Magic is radically changed, but still very strong.

Imrahil likes this.
  5. exwhyzero
    Saurus

exwhyzero Member

Cheers, I have a Kroak model so ill have to look ito painting him up as well.

LizardWizard likes this.