8th Ed. "On Foot" Slann

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Sacredless, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Sacredless
    Jungle Swarm

Sacredless New Member

I'm sure you guys keep hearing this question over and over again, but why exactly are Slann not allowed to cast Transformation of Kodan...? I keep hearing that Slann are not considered to be on foot, but where does it say so in the rules...? Does that mean that all other items/spells/rules do not apply to Slann either...?

I've been working on a concept for a Beast Slann for a while and I have been looking into translations for "chimera" and "manticore" to something more lizardmen-like and not related to slann. It completely bums me out that I am not supposedly not allowed to use this rule.

2. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

It specifically says it in the FAQ that Slann can't do it. They are infantry, but not "on foot", as he's on a palanquin.

It's a dumb meta-rule imo, but there you are.

3. Sacredless
    Jungle Swarm

Sacredless New Member

What FAQ and what do you mean by 'it'...? The transformation or any 'on foot' character exceptions?

4. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

the lizardman faq on the games workshop website
    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=1000018&section=&pIndex=2&aId=3000006&start=3&multiPageMode=true

I mean that not being able to transform because he's not on foot is dumb.

5. Kharn The Betrayer
    Razordon

Kharn The Betrayer New Member

Honestly Gw is probably trying to stick to the "Slann refuse to touch the ground of a planet tainted by chaos thing"