7th Ed. one frenzy in a unit

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by shahryar, Dec 12, 2009.

1. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

Was trying to find this in the rule book but was having trouble okay so if I say for example stick my scar vet on a cold one that fear makes the rest of teh unit he is with immune to fear?

so if I give him say the carnosaur pendant instead would the immune to psychology that frenzy gives translate to the rest of the unit? I am sure the answer is yes but wanted to double check.

ps. um if I did that what would be good to do with the rest of his 30 points in magic items. I was sort of thinking of giving him a great weapon or halberd but then didn't know what would be good to do with the magic items points left.

2. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

Yes.

The Cold One gives its rider (the entire combined model) fear. pg. 79 Mount's Psychology > Fear/Terror
    The Rider and his cold one give the unit the same immunities as the character so long as he is with them. pg 78 Psychology > Fear/Terror > paragraph 1

So the unit causes Fear when they charge but only cause the enemy to take a Fear test if they are charging and their charge results in the charging unit fighting the fear causing character.

No.

A character that is immune to psychology loses his immunity so long as he is with a unit that is not immune to psychology. pg 78 Psychology > Immune to Psychology

3. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

No, it would not, for the reason msinosic already posted. I think this question may have come up before when people were considering giving their Revered Guardian the pendant...

4. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

Okay then addendum to the question, if he is on say a cold one and I gave hime the pendant would the cold one be subject to frenzy as well aka +1 atk? Could have sworn I at least read that the mount would be affected

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah frenzy extends from rider to mount and mount to rider. This is in the BRB. It doesn't go to units though.

6. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

"mount to rider..." ?

Is that true? If my oldblood is on a carnosaur and it's blood-frenzy starts, the oldblood gets frenzy? I thought it only went rider to mount, not backwards..

o_O

7. msinosic
    Kroxigor

msinosic New Member

I had to check myself ...

pg 79 Mount's Psychology > Immunity to Psychology or Panic, Hatred, Frenzy, Stubborn, Unbreakable.

"If either the rider or the steed is subject to any of these rules, the whole combined model is"

8. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Oh sweet, so an oldblood is going to have 6 attacks once the carnosaur gets frenzy. Give him scimitar of sun resplendent, and maiming shield for 9 attacks! Lol

I probably wouldn't do that combo, but my current build has Burning Blade of Chotec, so a 6th attack is just plain helpful...

Another question though, when you charge the enemy, can you make the carnosaur attack first so the oldblood will get the frenzy?

If its by initiative the oldblood's is 2 higher...

9. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep, that is why that is a common build for Old Bloods that you want to chew up units rather than characters. What is going to stand up to 9 s5 attacks plus all the s7 carnosaur attacks? Nothing!

There was a bit of debate about whether the carnosaur could strike first on the round they charged. Charging somewhat negates initiative by saying those who charge go first, so there is a strong point to be made for allowing the carnosaur to go first. If an opponent said no though, I wouldn't argue at all. It is a bit rules-lawyery.