7th Ed. Pegasus Paladin Question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Lord Timtikotl, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Lord Timtikotl
    Skink

Lord Timtikotl New Member

How does a Paladin on a Pegasus work? When you shoot it do you distribute wounds on him and the Pegasus, if it hits the pegasus does it have an armour save? if it kills the pegasus does the paladin walk on foot or die? If the Paladin dies does it take monstrous reaction even though its not a monster

In combat can you attack the pegasus?

Thanks

2. Gripper
    Skink

Gripper New Member

Bretts have 2 different pegasus.

The unit type are not monsters and are treated as one model with one stat line.

The character type is a monster and is treated as such, so look in the BRB for ridden monsters.

3. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

A paladin rides a Royal Pegasus which is a monstrous mount. So you do randomize shooting hits, it doesn't have an armor save (i don't think...) If you kill the pegasus the paladin walks on foot. It does take a monster reaction if the paladin is slayed. Yes you can allocate attacks on the pegasus in close combat.

As Gripper stated this only applies to a "Royal Pegasus" which is a 3 wound monstrous mount...

;)

4. Lord Timtikotl
    Skink

Lord Timtikotl New Member

Alright thanks

5. Gripper
    Skink

Gripper New Member

If the bret player prays then the royal pegasus gets a ward save like the knight if not it has no armour save

6. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

Are you sure about that? the blessing of the lady says it only affects models iwth "knight's vow, grail vow, or questing vow" and the mount has none of those.

Though I guess if the rider does it does? that could be an arguement, but I don't think it does...

7. Dumbledore
    Ripperdactil

Dumbledore New Member

Yup it effects the mount, it says so specifically in the armybook if i remember correctly. In the bret FAQ it says that items that improve the blessing of the lady wardsave don't transfer to the peg/griffon though.