8th Ed. Placing and Targeting Kroxigor in Skink Unit

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by hdctambien, Dec 13, 2013.

1. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

I've got two questions about Skrox units.

#1) If you have a 5 wide Skrox unit, what are the legal ways to rank up the Kroxigor in the 2nd rank? Specifically, is it legal to rank them: Kroxigor, skink, Kroxigor so that there is a Kroxigor exposed on each flank of the unit.

KKsKK
    KKsKK

If you are allowed to do that, can you also rank them that way with any sized frontage? Since Kroxigor can be attacked anyways, might as well leave them exposed to stomp anything that comes in on their flank.

KKssssKK
    KKssssKK

#2) I thought of this question while contemplating a unit ranked with the Kroxigor on each flank with the skinks in the middle. If an opponent is targeting the Kroxigor because he is in base-to-base contact with a Skink that is base-to-base with the Kroxigor is that opponent targeting ALL the Kroxigor, or only the Kroxigor he is in base to base with. Ie, is targeting a Kroxigor like targeting a Character? Do you have to allocate your attacks to specific Kroxigor and potentially waste wounds >3?

It's difficult to tell from the wording of the Spawn-kin rule whether you are targeting a single Kroxigor, or all of the Kroxigor because the plural of Kroxigor is Kroxigor.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

#1 YEA, so long as they stay in the second rank.
    probaly best with multiple kroxigor, if there was only one I
    Would probaly put him the the middle of the skinks for protection.

#2 I think is is similat to targeting character, but I immagine
    wounds would be distributed amoung krixigor as normal,
    but they wouldn't spread to the skinks if there where extra,
    and vica versa.

3. godswearhats
    Saurus

godswearhats New Member

One potential downside to be aware of is that you might not be able to get all your Krox into base contact if you charge in the front. However, that seems unlikely unless your unit is very wide.

I really like this idea, and thanks for posting. I could see it working well for a unit of 16+2. With banner and musician, that's 200 points.

Code:
    ssssss
    kksskk
    kksskk
    ssssss

On a related note, in the really small units that might make good redirectors, 11+1, depending on what you were fighting you could choose to reform so that the enemy unit was in your flank in order to give your Krox a Stomp.

With the example I give above, you could reform into a column to maximize Krox stomps.

Code:
    sss
    kks
    kks
    KKs
    KKs
    sss
    sss
    sss

At that point you're losing your rank bonus of course, so likely it's never worth it. However, I thought I'd mention it for that one occasion where it tips the game in the Lizardmen's favor :)

~gwh