8th Ed. please vertify this

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Walgis, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

ok in warseer i saw earlier a thread that said if your char is in second rank and then theres anopening that he would fit to the front for champ or other hero dieng he doesnt need to go to the first rank is that true?

im thing doing this, i have 50 saurus block full comand.
    deploy the unit 5 in first rank, add scar veteran there.
    then i add slann, but hey, he doesnt fit. so he goes to the second rank.
    then in other turns i make a reform to horde unit, so then does slann needs to go to the first rank or no?

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

In a horde unit, yes, you're slann is going in the first rank. The saurus do not have the sacred duty rule. That's why I never leave home without my temple guard.

3. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

the idea is that in BRB its writen that when char joins units he has to go to first rank if theres no place he goes to the second, but no where its writen that when theres shows up place he has to go to the first rank.

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

When you change formation like that, the second rank becomes part of the first rank though.

5. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

no. PG14 BRB nothing noting that.
    And IMO it says you can rearange your trops how you like them thus pooting slann in even 3rd rank if you like because theres no rules that states you cant.

6. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

April fools?

7. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

sadly but no :\
    i know its not sportish, and i definetly not going to do this in frendly games in our club, but when i play the other guys from other club they do such things all the time so i hate them and want to fight fire with fire

8. The  Omen
    Saurus

The Omen New Member

A reform is what it says on the tin - it doesn't allow you to ignore the normal positioning rules therefore the char will have to go in the front of the unit. I've checked the wording on Page 14 and it doesn;t mention that the unit can ignore normal positioning rules therefore they still apply.

also not sure on the hero not having to move up. I suppose you could argue that as combat has already started a rank and file could take his place - after all if you refuse a challenge you go to the back of the unit - but I'm pretty sure this is against the rules even if it hasn't beeen worded that way. Certainly if I was judgeing a tournament and someone tried that I would rule against them and make them down in sportmanship points.

Also I would argue that the make way rule (Page 100) means that you have to move the hero up into the first rank if possible to do so.