8th Ed. Point Costs of Mounts

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by bumbumfish, Dec 3, 2010.

1. bumbumfish
    Jungle Swarm

bumbumfish New Member

Hi there,

I´ve been reading the "lizarmen in 8ed..."-thread (and some others) for some time now and I´ve got some questions regarding new rules and point costs for mounts:

1. In the lizarmen army book it says that the mount for mazdamundi is zlaaq and for kroq´gar its grymloq. So I figure these two only cost there respective points and no points for mounts are added?

2. If I should choose to place...let´s say chakax on a stegadon it´s all hero points right?

3. In the enchanted items chapter of the army book there´s this "horned one", which can be equipped by skinks and saurus only. Is this a mount on his own? Or is it an upgrade for units that already have cold ones mounts?

I hope I didn´t forget something :p Thanks in advance^^

EDIT: Removed all point costs

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

lord Mazumundi and kroq´gar have their mounts included in his price as do cold one calvery,
    Chakax can not take a mount, but tenehuin can. (his you add to his cost)
    Horned ones are a wierd type of mount, and no you don't have to buy a cold one too.

3. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Yes. You can't field them without their mounts, so the points for the mount are included in the base point cost.

You can't put Chakax on a Stegadon. In any entry in the army book, it will say if there's an option to put it on a mount.

It is a mount for a single character. "Single" and "Character" are the defining words.

You did forget something. Don't post point costs.

4. bumbumfish
    Jungle Swarm

bumbumfish New Member

Thanks for the answers, though I don´t like them very much (stupid 25% rule).
    I also edited the initial post, so there´s no more point costs in it.