8th Ed. Predatory fighter and +to hit

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Demelain, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Demelain
    Skink

Demelain Member

Greetings my fellow lizards.

I have a question for you all concerning the predatory fighter rule.

If my oldblood is equipped with the sword of 1+ to hit (name escapes me) does his predatory fighter then trigger on 5's and 6's as 5's effectively becomes 6's ? the predatory fighter rule does not state that it has to be a natural roll of 6 like the poison rule does, neither does it state that the roll of 6 must be unmodified.

Also, would this work with saurus and the enchanted blades of aiban spell from the lore of metal? if so that would be pretty sick with a troglodon roar, predatory fighter triggering on a 4+ .

Anyway im looking forward to hearing you take on it.

Demelain

2. Wizgamer
    Cold One

Wizgamer New Member

I would say that it still needs to be a 6 to get the PF bonus.

3. Darius the Insane
    Skink

Darius the Insane New Member

Better be careful this could start a gigantic RAW vs RAI debate :D

4. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

I'd say natural rolls of 6, or you could just as well argue that rolls of 6+1 are rolls of 7 and don't trigger PF anymore. Or that it's impossible to get PF against models with the Mark of Nurgle since they are -1 to hit.

5. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

A similar issue would apply for a model with killing blow augmented by flaming sword of ruin and I don't think anyone would seriously try to argue that a model with KB suddenly got KB on a 5 or 6 vice just a 6. The to-hit issue also arises when using lore of metal enchanted blades (+1 to hit) and thus I think a natural 6 is required. On the other hand, GW FAQ writers have been known to pull some weird ones out of their wazoos so I guess we will have to wait until the next FAQ comes out.