1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quar coming in hard-plastic

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/wargames-atlantic-and-zombiesmith-hard-plastic-quar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------------------

So, I vaguely recall seeing this game/setting mentioned in the past, and I vaguely recall enjoying the art aesthetic.

I think an army of croftyans is on the cards. maybe something of my own conversion. not yet sure.

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

They are certainly more interesting than the pointless Catachan rip-offs that were Reptilian Overlords' Spacenam. Not only are they a fun and 'grimsical' creation in their own right, but it would be great if WA introduce an open points architecture into their Death Fields rules that they'll eventually write so that players have an excuse to introduce these guys (and any other sci-fi models they can think of) as a team in that game.

As soon as I saw these I thought 'Woodies!' - not that far from where I live there is a reconstructed 17th Century village called Little Woodham, and one aspect of the volunteers' own little 17th Century culture is that when their kids hear a rustling sound in the woods, they are told that the noise was made by a creature called a Woodie. The potter in the village makes little figures of them that the village sells for a bit of extra money to support it, and they look pretty much exactly like these Quar, with diminutive bodies and pointed snouts (though the Woodies' snouts are a bit more beak-like), clad in ECW-era garb.

I've noticed Zombiesmith have several different factions of these little guys with different uniforms and equipment - I certainly hope WA make plastic boxes for them all. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing a sprue of Gwynt Quar in 18th Century British uniforms so that I could grab some Warlord Pike and Shotte figures and kitbash the two together to make some 17th Century Woodies. I also like the Brythonic-sounding Quar language - I wonder how kitbashable these would be with Ancient Celtic kits to make units of warrior Quar?

The only issue I have with the sculpts is that their eyes are currently not sculpted onto the heads as far as I can see. True they do have tiny piggy eyes, but they should still be sculpted on somehow to show that they do have eyes in the first place.

3. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

1. They were sculpted by the Creator, so I think the eyes thing is intentional.

2. Hudson has stated that if these sell well he is interested in helping zombie Smith expand the plastics line with the other factions.