8th Ed. Question about the +1 after deployment to see who goes first

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by SanDiegoSurrealist, May 10, 2011.

1. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

Deployment roll to see who chooses sides - player who wins chooses side and drops a unit.

Player 1 wins.
    Player 1 chooses table side
    Player 1 places unit.
    Player 2 places unit.

Player 1 places unit.
    Player 2 places unit.

Player 1 places unit.
    Player 2 places unit.

Player 1 places characters.
    Player 2 places characters.

In this situation both players took the exact number of turns to place units and characters, who gets +1.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

.... I would guess nobody ?

Just a straight dice roll off then.

3. Coatl
    Temple Guard

Coatl New Member

you get +1 for deploying your army first. In your example, player 1 would get +1 since he finished deploying first. Deployment is not turn based, you simply alternate units until 1 of you is fully deployed, then the other player completes his deployment. This is the benefit to smaller unit count armies. you can give the opposing player the first deployment and still stand a chance of gaining +1

4. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

yes gets the man ho deployed first no turn counter :)
    but theres one opnion quite fun indeed, in my local gaming i put movement trayand say theres 50saurus and i slowely put them in theyre movement tray, so the posible outcome is this i put movement trays for sauruses put other units oponent does the same i finish earlier than him than he finishes puting everything on the table but i wasnt fast enough to put all my saurus in theyre place so in this instante the oponent gets +1 because he deployed first not told where something is going to stand :)

Sorry for bad english.

5. Leokill27
    Razordon

Leokill27 New Member

The way I was told about this is the person who finishes setup first, gets the +1. So if you have 4 units and the other person has 7. You'd get +1 to the first turn roll.

Thats the way all my game group plays. And its pretty fair imo :D

6. Coatl
    Temple Guard

Coatl New Member

correct leo. i believe the OP was concerned about when you had equal amounts of units though

@walgis: actually that wouldn't be correct. your supposed to take turns deploying units. the "place a tray and say what it is" is merely a courtesy afforded to the opposing player so they dont have to sit there waiting for you to place all of those 50 saurus :).

i hope no ones actually tried to pull that "all my guys are on the table so i deployed before you" nonsense. if so, remind them they deployed illegally by not allowing you the time to setup your unit completely