8th Ed. Question on magic items

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Tarendal, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Tarendal
    Skink

Tarendal New Member

This may be a really dumb question.

When selecting magic items, are you restricted to those listed in your army book? My first assumption was that since, for example, the Lizardmen army book lists army specific items, and 'common' items, that meant you could only choose to take those listed common items, and the army specific ones. But it's starting to look more like there's just cost differences with some, and that's it.

Thanks!

2. TheRolfgar
    Chameleon Skink

TheRolfgar New Member

You can purchase any item that is in the BRB (still only one of each per army however) OR anything from the Lizardman army book.

The only difference is that if an item is listed in the Lizardman book AND the BRB, you need to pay the cost value of the item from the Lizardman book (this means the Enchanted shield uses the cost in the lizardman book, not the BRB).

The second part is true for any army and it states this fairly early in the offical Errata, you can get the PDF from the GW website http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...tegoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start=2

3. Tarendal
    Skink

Tarendal New Member

Thanks. Guess that's what I get for making assumptions. I was wondering why I saw people recommending the feedback scroll for Lizardmen. I'll have to read up on the BRB items now. :)