7th Ed. Question the Dwarf Organ Gun

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Arsenal, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

They roll an artillery dice worth of hits. My question is, are they automatic hits, or do they roll to hit like Empire Hellblaster Volley Gun?

Thanks in Advance!

2. erians
    Razordon

erians Active Member

They are automatic hits, on the Hellblaster it specificly says you need to roll to hit while the Organ Gun just says an artillery dice worth of hits, not shots. Its the only auto-hit shooting left in the game as far as I know.

3. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

Skaven Doomwheel is auto-hit, and boy is that thing nasty!

Terradons auto-hit, but I guess that's not technically shooting (though still good for wiping out hard-to-hit skirmishers in forests).

4. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

technically it is shooting also as all the normal shooting rules apply :p teplates also auto hit, skaven tamplates aut-ohit even partials
    and yeah, when the wording is "X hits" it means roll to wound. "X shots/X attacks" means roll to hit. the skaven abomination is a perfect example for this where 1 of the results on the chart is 2D6 S6 hits and another is 3D6 attacks.

5. erians
    Razordon

erians Active Member

Heh, I didn't count templates and terradons because they are completly different type of shooting but I forgot about the doomwheel. Most of the other weapons that was auto-hitting like 6th ed salamanders, ratlings guns and volley guns had their auto-hit rules removed as it was insanly overpowered, only Doomwheel and Organ Gun left.

6. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Nothing better than rolling 8 or 10 on the organ gun against a unit of heavy calvary. Insta death.

7. bradsul
    Skink

bradsul New Member

I always enjoyed rolling a 2, then picking it up and re-rolling for a 10 and seeing my opponents face. :D Doesn't happen often but it's oh-so-sweet when it does!

8. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

True. Re-roll is great.