7th Ed. quick question on the war drum magic item

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by angelwuff, Sep 6, 2009.

1. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

this item? does it do what I think it does if I toss it on a SLann who's my general? That is, to say, units within 12" who are fleeing can make a rally check with his LD as general, and then get +1 for the drum. Mmmm, LD 10 rally checks on 3d6... =9

Of course, the big guy's gotta not be running himself. or, er, floating away @.@

fleeing slann must look awkward.

2. SlannOfItza
    Kroxigor

SlannOfItza New Member

I would say, yes, its the slann's leadership +1 from the drums.

But usually people put it on a EoTG so it can't be marchblocked, because you can still use the burning alignment after a march, so you can circle enemies and stay out of their charge arc, while slowly blasting them away.

:D

3. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

heh, will have to remember that. I might waffle to other items instead, but making a silly temple guard + slann + BSB unit, figured it'd make a nice 'main line' holder and help the units in front that are baiting to rally better.

will it be a useful unit. probably not at 900 points. will it look cool. yeah =D

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

And when you think about it, what koos more awesome than a Slann beating some drums? Damn... Now I am gonig to have to consider getting a third Slann, because the image it conjurs really is cool. :p

5. angelwuff
    Saurus

angelwuff New Member

heh. I'm still pondering how to add the drums. Whether or not the assistant might be driving the groovy beat to rally to or the SLann himself...

6. shahryar
    Kroxigor

shahryar Member

I was planning on sticking it on a carnosaur because my dispel scrolls and diadem are on my EOTG. may have to test different things.