8th Ed. Razordon, Salamanders and marching & shooting

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Little Wolf, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Little Wolf
    Saurus

Little Wolf New Member

Hey,

So, the razordon entry says they can't march and shoot. However, they are skirmishers, who get to march and shoot. I guess the lizardmen book overrules so they can't march and shoot?

For the salamanders it doesn't say anything, so I guess they do get to march and shoot?

Thanks!

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Yes they do. March and shoot to your hearts delight! Do not forget that they flee (and charge) on 3d6 because they have the warbeasts rule.

3. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

sadly, no.

Razordons have a rule that says they can not march and shoot, and since that is written in the armybook, it overruns the skirmish rules in the BRB. it sux, and it is not logical, but it is a glitch between editions, and untill it has been FAQed (and it wont be) Razordons can NOT march and shoot.

Salamnders on the other hand does not have this special rule in the armybook that prevents them from marching and shooting, so according to the skirmish rules they CAN march and shoot.

This is yet another reason why you should never even consider razordons in this edition. even against ogres the salamnders will serve you better, believe me.

4. Little Wolf
    Saurus

Little Wolf New Member

Hehe, this problem came up against ogres ;).

5. Iggy Koopa
    Chameleon Skink

Iggy Koopa New Member

@Lord Tsunami: Could not have said it better myself...

6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I'm probably over extrapolating from this. But that fact that GW did not correct this suggests that maybe they prefer that limitation and when the our new book comes out (probably one of the last armies to get a new one), Salamanders will lose marching and shooting rather than razordons gaining marching and shooting.

7. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

id say that this pretty much proves that there is no reason what so ever to what is posted in the FAQ. instead of making the discipline usefull they clarified that "yes, it is just as pointless as you all feared" :D

Hence, id argue that it is fairly pointless to try to predict anything about the future from the FAQs ;)

8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Yea the curent FAQ wrighter seems to hate Lizardmen. :(