8th Ed. razordon shoot spines?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by chameleonwarrior, Jun 26, 2011.

1. chameleonwarrior
    Skink

chameleonwarrior New Member

im thinking of getting a razordon, but i would like 2 know the strength etc of its spine attack, if anyone knows please post here!!!

2. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

The stats are actually the same as a Salamander - being:
    They cost the same as a Salamander pack at points. When charged they must Stand and Shoot if able, rolling 2 artillary dice for each razardon instead of one, adding the result for the number of shots fired by each beast.
    Couple big differences between them and the salamanders: Salies use the flame template and with 8th ed. rules auto hit for all AND partial under it. Razardons still need to roll to hit. Also, flame attacks are pretty deadly against flamable troops and if troops are already blazing.
    Personally, I'd wish the Razardons could fire *poisoned* darts - going with the Lizardmen theme. Overall for myself, I don't field the Razardons simply because the Salamanders are just more effective with my play style.
    Hopes this helps!

Edited out stats
    /strewart

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Cedric, you're actually not allowed to straight post stats and points values for anything since it breaches GW IP law, and they can shut forums down.

However, the stats for units can actually be found on the GW website under the unit entries. Razordons here.

Honestly, salamanders are far better than razordons for the same points, their attack is much more effective. Though I agree the razordon model is very nice, at some point I will post my conversions of turning razordons into salamanders. Just having a bit of trouble trying to sculpt flames so far.

4. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

oops!! Thanks Strewart for telling me and for editing my post! My apologies! :oops: Won't happen again.

Back to to OP. What Strewart said is a better version of what I was trying to say. :smug: On your side note.. I'd like to see those conversions when you have them ready. I'm kinda gettin' into the conversion mood.

5. troubled_joe
    Saurus

troubled_joe Member

The strength of 'Shoot Barbs' is not listed on the GW website. I don't believe it would be prohibited to post the strength of the 'Shoot Barbs' attack (if it is, then surely one would be prohibited from posting things such as Orcs' toughness, etc, and I see that done all the time). 'Shoot Barbs' is a S4 attack. Additional rules for the attack are listed in the Lizardmen army book. However, the real question is, since it is clearly detailed in the Lizardmen army book, why not consult the book first??!