8th Ed. Regrowth

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Baggies, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Baggies
    Cold One

Baggies Member

Quick question about the regrowrh spell, can it bring back a completely dead model or unit is does it only replenish units or wounds??

2. Baggies
    Cold One

Baggies Member

Also with dwellers below can it kill a character with me than one wound outright if he is in a unit???

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Regrowth: On units, this spell will regrow the unit from at least one model. The first replaced model is always multi-wound (Krox in a skink unit), then the champion, then the rank and file. If the unit is gone, you are out of luck.
    On characters, if the character dies, that is too late. You cannot bring them back.

Dwellers below will kill any model that fails the strength test, no saves allowed. However, I believe you get a look out sir roll.

4. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Dwellers is not a template attack and there is no "look out sir" roll permitted. The spell description indicates that, "Every model in the target unit must pass a strength test or be slain, with no saves of any kind allowed." Thus each model must be rolled for separately, including characters and champions. Dwellers is a really nasty spell in this regard and while I know some tournies or local rules give a "look out sir" roll, the actual rules do not allow this.

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

My mistake, we have a house rule allowing a LOS for that.