1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Returning to the jungle

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by fallecs, Nov 4, 2020.

1. fallecs
    Jungle Swarm

fallecs New Member

Hey there,

I got back into the hobby last year with warhammer underworlds after a decade or so out of it (besides a few toe dips here and there). I can't wait for the lizardmen warband to come out!

I started the hobby with lizardmen as a 10 year old boy with the 5th edition starter set. I read the lizardmen army book from cover to cover hundreds of times back then and loved everything about them. Returning to paint some more is giving me all sorts of nostalgia. I'm starting with a warcry warband as I'm keen to try out that game (if that is ever allowed again) and I'll see where it goes! No goals but to have fun.

Anyway enough words, here are my first lizards in a very long time!
    skinks.jpg

Warden, bOdziO Wolf, Bars_VDV and 6 others like this.
  2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome back to the Jungle, it has been awaiting your return ;)
    You have got some very nice skinks over there. I like the detail and the smooth (airbrush?) layers.

Keep up the good work

Grrr, Imrahil

fallecs likes this.
  3. generatorss
    Skink

generatorss New Member

Very cute lizards!

I also started with the 5th edition and also read this book in a circle to infinity!)

fallecs likes this.
  4. fallecs
    Jungle Swarm

fallecs New Member

Thank you! I actually used contrast paint for the orange with a couple of highlights. I bought a few contrast paints when they were released to try and speed paint the chosen axes. I didn't like the skin, but loved the colour the orange one gave so told myself I should try and use it someday.

Thank you! Yeah it was such an awesome book. I'll have to pick up the new AoS one at some point, I'm not across the space lizard lore yet but should be fun to read about.

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Nice orange skinks! They look very crisp, really well done