8th Ed. Salamander and Regrowth

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Wolf, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

What would you guys say would happen in this situation:

A unit of Salamanders has lost all of its handlers and fails its monster reaction test, result doesn't really matter. Next magic phase the Slann casts Regrowth (from the Lore of Life for those of you who don't know) on the unit and some handlers are resurrected. Does the monster reaction test result cease to apply because the handlers are back? ie. Do Salamanders suffering from Stupidity lose it, do unmoveable Salamanders become able to move again (and are no longer Unbreakable), and do Salamanders suffering from Hatred and Frenzy lose it?

Thanks

2. Xul
    Temple Guard

Xul New Member

interesting question :) my take is, that the salamander returns to normal (monster reaction results cease to apply), as the handlers take control of it and prod it with their sticks :) but in the end, this is something to be FAQed by GW, as I can imagine oponents strongly objecting...

3. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

RAW no. RAI/common sense yes.

4. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

How is RAW a no? Might be a passage I've missed in the rulebook...

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I would say yes. I'll ask the guys at my local GW for their take on it today as well.

6. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

as soon as the monster loses all its handlers it rolls on teh monster stupidty chart (assuming it failed its Ld), what happens afterwards is of no consequence since teh roll was made on the chart. so the handlers are stupid/ unbreakable/frenzied aswell.

its cleary stated when the roll occurs and there is no way to negate it. the real question goes to: if the handlers die again, does the monster roll again on teh reaction chart assuming it fails its Ld test again?

7. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

My thought would be that the new handlers were summoned by the general. Whatever the salamander suffers from probably stays. It would be neat if there were a higher chance of them being eaten now.

I could also see that the new handlers would use the techniques that the salamanders were trained with to bring them within control (losing the monster reaction).

So, actually, I could go either way. Probably lose the monster reaction.