8th Ed. Salamanders not a "flame" attack

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Minxz, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Minxz
    Skink

Minxz New Member

Someone just informed me that Salamanders don't have a flame attack. His reasoning is that because the rulebook does not specifically state that its a flaming attack it does not count as one?

Is this true?

2. Skinklord
    Skink

Skinklord New Member

Page 56 in the Lizardmen Army book.

On the Spout Flames profile it clearly states its a flaming attack. This is not the same as a breath attack, maybe thats what you got confused about.

3. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

or do you have 6th ed book?

4. Minxz
    Skink

Minxz New Member

No I have 7th and that was how I read it but this person (plays wood elf) stated that he and a lizard-man player went to the books and found that A) It was not specified as a Flaming attack and B) Dryads are not more susceptible to fire.

I still don't know about the B part of his claim he stated that dryads are considered green wood so don't burn that easily...

TY for the ref I will check it when I get home!!

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

'Green wood!' Boy, that is some detail in the wood elf book. Ask him how much that upgrade cost? If they were immune to fire, they would have a 2+ ward. Even if they had a 'green wood' rule, the second time a sally hit them, the dyrads would no longer be 'green.'

6. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Dryads arent flammable if you meant that. and they do get their 5+ ward vs sallies fire

7. Minxz
    Skink

Minxz New Member

Ok I think I understand. Someone clarified there was a difference between dryads and Treekin for some reason I was lumping them together apparently the latter is flammable while the dryads are not. The green wood explanation came from the player I think it was his reasoning on why they are not flammable.

So if the dryads get a +5 save it would actually be a +2 once you took the -3 Salamander rule right?

Meanwhile I believe he was completely wrong about the flaming attack. When he told me this I wanted to argue but figured I'd better ask you guys first lol.

8. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

No, dryads and other Forest Spirits (Treekin, Treemen etc) have 5+ ward vs. mundane attacks

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Yea, the -3 modifier only applies to the armor save. It does not affect a ward save.

10. Minxz
    Skink

Minxz New Member

Ok I understand Thank you!