8th Ed. Salamanders-wound questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Arli, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Yesterday, I played against skaven and was overrun. While playing, it became a little confusing as to how the salamander/handler relationship works with shooting and then in close combat. For shooting, we allocated wounds by 1-4 (sally) and 5-6 skink. In combat, I thought that the sallies did not take a wound until the handlers were dead.

What is the correct way to handle that? The skaven player seemed taken aback that the skinks could attack from the second rank, but I remember distinctly that they can do this per the new rules (although, I have not found the page number yet).

Help me out with this, please. I want to make sure that I am doing it right.

2. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

It is under the Monsters and Handlers rule, don't have book on me so no page number. The monsters and handlers rule was added in the FAQ.

When shot at the hits are distributed as per the army book. In CC any unsaved wound(so use sallies WS and T and armor save) is then randomly distributed to either a handler or sallie. And the handlers can attack anyone in b2b contact with their monster.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I found it (with you're help). Page 73.

Thanks