8th Ed. Sallie misfire help

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Ecomp, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Ecomp
    Skink

Ecomp New Member

Okay, here's the situation: The first turn my Salamander fires, he gets a miscast and eats all of his handlers, then passes his leadership test with double 1s. The next turn he fires, he gets another miscast. With no handlers left to eat, what would he do? My friend and I decided that I should just re-roll the dice.
    I was wondering how you guys would handle the situation?

2. cyanhawk
    Chameleon Skink

cyanhawk New Member

The book says that on a misfire d3 skinks are removed and the sallie cant fire. Since you have no skinks left the sallie just wouldnt fire.

3. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Doesn't the salamander need to roll leadership tests each round after all handlers are gone? Or is it just a single test?

4. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

Sallies follow the monster and handler rules from the BRB. Under those rules, when all the handlers are eaten, you then take the monster reaction test. The test is only every taken once per game. Since the sallies passed the test, they are fine and ignore every subsequent misfire - they don't shoot but there is no other effect.

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I had a game against an Empire army one time where all my skinks handlers were eaten. The salamander passed the test and proceded to utterly decimate a unit of 10 pistolers. It was a thing of beauty!

6. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

The sallie can eat the handlers bought with other sallies in the same hunting pack, but when they are all gone then further misfires are just a no shot.