8th Ed. Sally Question

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by eppe, Nov 29, 2011.

1. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Can you hit your own units with the flame template?

I overshot yesterday and the template landed on a group of Skink Skirmishers. We played it that they got hit but is that correct?

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that is correct. You can hit your own units. However, you are not allowed to target something that will cross your unit intentionally. That said, if a unit of skirmishers are on the other side, and it happens to hit them, that is ok. You were not targeting you across your unit. It's kind of like the scatter on any other template weapons. If it hits friendly troops, oops.

3. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Yes, what Arli said.. who beat me to the answer. :D

- Lord Cedric

4. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Now I know you can't intentionally fire at an enemy in combat. However would it be legal, per BRB rules, to declare a target that is on the other side of an enemy in CC? It seems like with template weapons you could just aim "near" the enemy and possibly hit them regardless of if they are in combat.

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I have played it that way in the past. Some people may have a problem with it though. I would normally do it when I would need a 8-10 in order to actually hit the unit in CC. My gaming group doesn't have a problem with me using them in this fashion.

6. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

You cannot deliberately target a unit in CC. However, if you aim at a unit in front of a unit in CC and "by accident" the flame spout over shoots the intended target and hits said unit in CC that is perfectly legit. Cheeky but legit.

7. eppe
    Kroxigor

eppe Member

Thanks.