8th Ed. Saurus' Scaly Skin

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Flex, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Flex
    Jungle Swarm

Flex New Member

Hey guys!

I have a strange question:
    When i cast the Glittering Robe [Target unit/all target units currently in range gains Scaly Skin (5+)] spell from the Lore of Metal on a Saurus unit, will they get a 2+ plus armour save? Is the scaly skin cumulative or not? :)

Greetings!

2. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

No I don't think so. But casually yeah. It's bad rules and game play mechanics to have a spell be useless to an army. I'd rather a spell be completely broken and too good than to literally do nothing. To have something feel completely unrewarding isn't fun for anyone, and as far as game rules go, that is a big no no. It should be changed.

But officially, It's like wearing heavy armor twice. Only one counts. I'm not an expert so I may be wrong. But the way I interpret the rules, it doesn't stack.

I guess you could put it on your skrox and have it be useful. Maybe through it on a unit of skinks in combat with some ungors or slave rats and tip the tides in your favor.

3. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

The unit will gain 5+ scaly skin.
    Which it already has so there won't be any benefit.

4. cerebros
    Skink

cerebros New Member

Yeah, you have to pay attention to the wording.

If it said something like "if successfully cast the target unit gains +2 to its scaly skin save, granting a 5+ scaly skin save if the unit does not already have scaly skin", then it would stack but it specifically says it gives you a 5+ scaly skin save so it does not

5. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

If you cast it on a Steggie its save will get worse in some interpretations, but most would go with the steggie keeping the higher save despite the spell.

6. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

If you cast it on a steg he gains SS5+, he also has SS4+ built in and you always use your best save.

7. MOMUS
    Cold One

MOMUS New Member

The spell does not stack with saurus scaly skin.

Er i dont follow your 'logic'.
    Remember the lizardmen list has more skink unit options than it does saurus.
    The spell is fine as it is and if your looking fro broken spells youve got final transmutation to keep you happy. :p

8. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Yea the FT is pretty powerful, especially since it works the same against everyone.

PS: I don't see any HE complaining about warpspeed.

9. BostonKaiser
    Skink

BostonKaiser New Member

I believe it was FAQ'd that it doesn't stack. It does however, give my skinks w/javelins a 4+ save the same as my Saurus! Pretty sweet!