8th Ed. Saurus Spears attacks in 8th

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by skinker, Jul 15, 2010.

1. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

I know this has been discussed at length, but I simply see no evidence that saurus spears don't get their 2 attacks in the second rank! The spears special rules clearly states that units with spears (that did not charge) get to fight in an extra rank. This would be done using their normal profile just as before. This is different from supporting attacks which only get 1 attack for the second rank. What say thee?

2. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

It says you get an extra rank of "SUPPORTING ATTACKS" so 1 attack. No need for a new topic for this to be proven wrong time and time again. Do you really think all of us want the saurus to lose their 2 attacks? And spears add attacks from the 3rd rank, would be pretty stupid to get 1 attack from the second rank and then 2 from the third.

It seems you don't even have the book or aren't reading the rules.

3. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

The wording for the spears special rule (and yes the book is sitting right in front of me) is as follows:

Spear are long shafts of wood with a sharp metal tip. Because braced spearmen can fight in an additional rank, spears are ideal defensive weapons for infantry.

Then in the profile

Name = spear range = combat Strength = as user Special rules = Fight in Extra Rank

Nowhere in the spears rules does it suggest that this is a "supporting" attack.

4. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Check the rules for 'Fight in extra rank' not specifically under spears.

5. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Yep, there it is. Spears got the nerf, though it appears to be unintentional and hopefully GW will errata it quickly.