8th Ed. Saurus Warrior Bunker for Slann

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by newlmplayer, Sep 20, 2013.

1. newlmplayer
    Skink

newlmplayer New Member

I was wondering if you had a unit of saurus warriors that are 5 wide with a few ranks, and you had full command with a scar vet in there, could you put the slann in the second rank? In the rule book it says that characters must go into the first rank unless they cannot fit, and since there is a scar vet and command which MUST be in the first rank, could the slann be in the middle of the second rank? Thanks.

2. twistedmagpie
    Saurus

twistedmagpie Member

I've always put him in the second rank. Even when running them 6 wide. However, good question - I may be proved wrong....

3. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

As per page 97 under "Position in the unit"

If there is room in the front rank for the slaan, then he must go there. In this instance, since 4 of the front 5 spaces are filled by command and the SV, then the slaan can be placed in the 2nd rank. Alternatively, the slaan could go in the front rank and the SV in the 2nd rank but that would kind of defeat the purpose.

When the unit of saurus goes 6+ wide, then the slaan must move into the front rank since there is sufficient space for him there.

The general FAQ confirms this as follows:

Q: Must a character be moved to the front rank of a unit as soon
    as a space becomes available? (p100)
    A: Yes.

4. twistedmagpie
    Saurus

twistedmagpie Member

Ahh yes, it's only the Temple Guard who have the guardian special rule which put him to the second row.