7th Ed. Scaly skin and lore of metal

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Gor-rok, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

I'm sure this has already been dealt with somewhere, but for purposes of Rule of Burning Iron/ Spirit of the Forge, does the armor save conferred by scaly skin factor in? It doesn't make sense that it would, but neither does taking a stronger hit for being mounted on a horse. The big book has the text

though it's kind of hard to rationalize using one's power over metal to cause a creature's naturally occurring scales to heat up. I can't find anything in the FAQ's either.

2. Particle
    Jungle Swarm

Particle New Member

I noticed that all my saurus have metal jewelery on their arms or legs. They even have metal spines riveted to their crest.

I think it would be very uncomfortable if my piercing started heating up!

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep, and another one to add to the thread in the OT area!

There are not different classes of armour in warhammer. As you say, same as the bonus for being mounted, logically it may not work but ruleswise an armour save is an armour save thus they are all effected.

4. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

this is the same as the issue with poisoning necrons in 40k.
    just imagine that the barding on the mount gets hot and it struggles in pain hurting the rider while his own "piercings" heat up aswell

5. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Well, on the plus side, Kholek and dragons have SS as well... If my stegadon and cold ones have to fry, so can they. Thanks for the feedback!