8th Ed. Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent vs Sword of Strife

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Elmquasmash, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

It states in the Rulebook, pg 500 1st paragraph of Selecting Magic Items states that "If a magic item is listed both here and in your Warhammer Armies book, use the points value printed with the latter..."

The two differently named items have the exact same effect: +2 attacks. Would I use the points value from the Scimitar (10 points more than the Sword) or are they not the same? I am not sure whether the rule was referring to the Common Magic Items on page 99 of our Armies book such as Sword of Striking and Enchanted Shield which would cost more to our Army, or if it was referring to any magical items with the exact same effects (i.e. the two aforementioned 'swords'). The two items have different names; would that make the two items different?

Any help would be appreciated. My apologies if this topic was discussed in an earlier thread.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah the rule applies to common magic items. While those two do have the same effect, they are indeed different weapons so you could take both in an army if you wanted. And you should definitely pick the cheaper one.

3. Elmquasmash
    Razordon

Elmquasmash New Member

Thanks Strewart :) I was hoping that was the case!

4. vapor
    Razordon

vapor New Member

I ran a list with two scar vets, one with each.