1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Seraphon List - Where to Go

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Acamality, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Acamality
    Jungle Swarm

Acamality New Member

So I got my first 2k points (I have a little over), and I've made a list. It's not super competitive or anything, just the best I could make with what I've acquired so far.

Been debating between Dracothions Tail or FoS, and Stegadon Helm or Cloak for my Starpriest but other than that I've settled on this list.
    My current list:
    Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Fangs of Sotek
    - Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
    - Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (270)**
    - Mount Trait: Starborne
    Saurus Sunblood (125)**
    - Artefact: Serpent God Dagger
    Skink Starpriest (130)*
    - Artefact: Cloak of Feathers
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Priest (80)*
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
    Skink Oracle on Troglodon (270)*
    - Artefact: Arcane Tome (Universal Artefact)
    - Spell: Celestial Harmony
    Slann Starmaster (265)*
    - General
    - Command Trait: Arcane Might
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest

Battleline
    5 x Saurus Guard (115)**
    10 x Saurus Knights (220)
    - Blades
    - Reinforced x 1
    20 x Saurus Warriors (210)
    - Spears
    - Reinforced x 1
    30 x Skinks (225)**
    - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    - Reinforced x 2

Units
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (85)

Core Battalions
    *Command Entourage - Magnificent
    **Warlord

Additional Enhancements
    Artefact
    Artefact

Total: 1995 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 133
    Drops: 11

My next purchase is going to be a Realmshaper Engine ($75 for it is a big buy for such a minimal model), but I'm looking for some other suggestions to improve this list. Probably looking to replace the Oracle on Troglodon, Ripperdactyls, and probably the warriors with a Stegadon or something. All I have sitting around is a razordon, more skinks, more warriors, and a kitbashed Oldblood on Cold One.

Bowser likes this.
  2. Tombomb7
    Cold One

Tombomb7 Well-Known Member

Congrats on joining the Great Plan
    You've got some great units here already. My favourites:
    Slann
    Starpriest
    Priest
    Skinks

May I suggest you consider running Coalesced Koatls Claw instead of Starborne? You'll be able to maximise the jaw attacks for all your Saurus, gain plsues on charge rolls and to top it off you'll get -1 damage for all your models to make then a lot more resilient.
    I wonder if you could use a Scar Vet on Carnosaur instead of the Old Blood as for the points cost it is more efficient. In Koatls Claw you could make the Carnosaur the general and give it the evisterating blade for extra output, or maybe give it to the sunblock on foot . Then give your Slann the ixti grubs artefact which still allows you reroll casting and unbinds.
    The realmshaper is a great item to get next as its basically free mortal wounds once you out your priest or slann in it.
    The guard are useful to protect the slann. The knights could be maybe be split into x2 groups of 5 as their weapon range means you won't easily get all 10 into combat, that said you could try it to see!

If you did have more warrior lying around i wonder if you could upgrade the 20 to 30, using the reinforcement point you gain back from splitting the knights, you'll want the bodies to maintain the extra attsck gained by having a certain number of models.

I'm not experienced playing many games but like to think I know our own army pretty well. Hope this helps a little and no doubt others will be along to guide even more. Good luck!

Acamality and Bowser like this.
  3. Acamality
    Jungle Swarm

Acamality New Member

Only reason it's the OldBlood and not the Scarvet is because I don't have the scarvet, otherwise I totally agree. It's why I plan to drop the troglodon asap, just too many points. I got the Start Collecting a year ago and, fresh off Total War and little information on viability of models, I built the Oldblood because I liked the model much better. Oh well! Eventually I'll grab a second-hand carnosaur or something so I have one of each.

Trying Koatl's Claw is a really interesting idea I didn't think about. I do have a lot of jaws. I'd lament the loss of the free tp, but also free up an artefract. I only had Arcane Tome on the Oracle for basically free CP every round. The only real loss would be the teleport and the Dagger on the Sunblood.

I only had the knights as 10 because my other 10 warriors have clubs, but I have extra spears so I might just pop off some arms and run the 30 warrior block, since spears have the 2" range that ideally means 10-20 are hitting per combat. Would have to rearrange some points though.
    Edit: I've also realized 30 warriors would be a huge unit. Could be tough to maneuver, especially around terrain.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    Tombomb7 and Bowser like this.