8th Ed. Shooting at a unit with characters.

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by caldt, Mar 29, 2011.

1. caldt
    Skink

caldt New Member

This is not Lizardmen specific, but I play lizardmen and this came up in a game, causing a disagreement.

My unit of saurus had 7 models left, and a scar vereran, for 8 models all up. They were shot at by dwarf thunderers, and as there were more than 5 models, only the saurus were hit.

It ended up with 10 wounds being inflicted, so the 7 saurus died, but my opponent was saying that as they all died, the extra wounds carry on to the scar veteran. My understanding was that he could not get hit at all unless it was under 5 models, and as the hits and wounds were worked out against T4, they should not carry over to his T5, and a saurus is considered to have shielded him by taking many hits.

So how does it work out, after 3 of them have been killed, and there are fewer than 5 saurus left, can the character be hit in the same volley?

2. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

I've always thought the same as you, wounds would have to be worked out against the characters toughness and seeing as without a special rule you can't target characters in a unit, the scar vet lives IMO.

As far as i'm aware you don't allocate wounds in fantasy like you do in 40k.

Yours Aye

Mixer

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Mixer. The same applies to a skrox unit. Until there is a krox in the front rank, they cannot be wounded. A character is in the front rank, but that does not change the fact that the saurus were the target of the attack.

4. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

No he cannot be hit.

5. mixer86
    Kroxigor

mixer86 New Member

also bear in mind if the unit is shot at by a template and the scar vet was hit, he would still get his 2+ look out sir.

Yours Aye

Mixer