8th Ed. Skink and Krox Combo's

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Captain Krox, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Captain Krox
    Saurus

Captain Krox New Member

Hey everyone,

Been looking at all the topics on the SKrox on the forum lately and have a question about configurations.

If 1 Krox = 4 Skinks, can you do this:

SSSSSSSSSS
    SkkSkkSkkS
    SkkSkkSkkS
    SSSSSSSSSS

It would be based on 10 Skinks across the top with a Skink Krox, Skink, Krox, Skink, Krox, Skink second and third rank, with 10 Skinks at the rear.

Or would all the Krox need to be in base contact with one another?

Thanks

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Interesting question. I do not see why you could not do this. They are in the second rank. If anything, your opponent would probably prefer that configuration against small profile units as one of the Kroxigors could be moved out of combat.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I don't see why not.... :smug:

4. T`hinker`er
    Salamander

T`hinker`er Active Member

1) If you do that, why?

2) Let us know how it works out!

5. Stonecutter
    Terradon

Stonecutter Member

The only requirement is that the krox are in the 2nd rank of the unit so any combo that meets that requirement is good. The proposed layout is fine but it is also possible to put the krox all together on the left side, ride side or anywhere in between. I personally field my skrox horde just like the diagram if there are only 3 krox in the unit. Based on my experience, it works perfectly well against units with similar frontage - the key is ensuring that the krox will be able to attack and in the current formation it is possible for all 3 krox to attack any ranked unit. The only drawback is if the unit is going after a single model as all 3 krox will need to be adjacent in order for all of them to attack but that is generally not a huge issue.

6. Captain Krox
    Saurus

Captain Krox New Member

I think for the most part, I just have OCD and it would look more appealing that way.

I havent decided whether to just buy Metal Krox or wait until the Finecast ones come out, I'm just pre planning for when I do get these models.