7th Ed. Skink Chief of Doom

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by DCam321, May 24, 2009.

1. DCam321
    Skink

DCam321 New Member

Hi guys,

i've been scouting out the forums for a couple of days now, I've been considering getting back into Warhammer with my Lizards and you guys seem a really friendly lot.

I have a question, and hopefully this is the right forum to post it in. Can I equip a Skink chief with both Cloak of Feathers AND the Charm of the Jaguar Warrior? Seems ridiculous but plausible..

2. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Hi DCam, welcome to the site! Quite new myself but I can definitely say that there are great people on this site!

As to your question, it seems that it is possible to make that combo, and I can see where you're getting at with it (fly, use charm and charge). Not sure how much you would really need it coz the cloak should be enough IMO and I would rather invest in some weapon but you could try it out.

3. DCam321
    Skink

DCam321 New Member

Thanks Aranigej, its good to be here.

I think it is worth trying out, for a 1st turn war machine charge. I take your popint that it'd fill out magic items allowance but heyho. With two hand weapons & blowpipe/javelins this guy would just about enter triple digits. Not too shabby.

I also see that there's been some discussion on the boards about whether you can combine CotJW with Steed of Shadows cast by a Slann. If you can, that bumps this SCoD up to a possible 60"/turn! Far too much for an averagel game but an interesting thought experiment. Nothing to stop you using a blowpipe/javelins in the same turn too.

4. Revered_Guardian
    Troglodon

Revered_Guardian New Member

Alas that combo does not work because both of those magic items come from the same section :( and therefore you cannot take both

5. DCam321
    Skink

DCam321 New Member

Ah, thanks Revered_Guardian. I did worry that that might be the case. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks for replying :)

6. Aranigej
    Temple Guard

Aranigej Member

Hmmm... good observation R_G, missed that (note to self: read rule book again). Sorry for the false info DCam :( oh well

7. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Of course, you can just purchase a Slann and use Steed of Shadows instead.

8. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Moving this topic over to rules questions. In here you put army lists you have made. :)