7th Ed. Skink priest channeling

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by walach, Mar 16, 2010.

1. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

I'm 99.99% sure this is covered in the lizardman rulebook, but on the GW site here

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/c...tegoryId=400021&pIndex=2&aId=11600001&start=3

is mentioned this on channeling:

With the Channelling special rule, the Slann Mage Priest can cast his spells through the Skink Priests as long as they are within 24" of him. This can have the advantage of enabling the Slann to use short-ranged spells from elsewhere on the table, unleashing powers without exposing himself to danger.

Channelling is especially valuable with powers like Drain Life (in the Lore of Death) and Cleansing Flare, which both affect all enemies within a set distance. Use the Skink Chief on the Ancient Stegadon to get close (and preferably ram into) the enemy and then unleash the Engine of the Gods power, followed by Cleansing Flare for maximum power.

Just checking, but it doesnt work like that does it? im fairly sure you can only use magic missles with channeling? (if it DOES work like described in the article, man i am totally trying that! :p)

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I think that may have been a 6th edition Lizardmen article,
    it only works with Magic Missles now... :(

3. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

they also say that you should use the engine's power after ramming with your chiefs stegadon... wich also sounds like an error to me but they might mean 2 stegadons. yes they are wrong and you can only channel magic missiles. cleasning flare isn't a magic missile iirc

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Its not 6th ed, its just GW not knowing their own rules. They make so many errors in those articles it is rediculous. A recent Beastmen article mentioned the benefit of great weapons on centagor giving them s6, it has since ben modified since centigors are mounted thus only get +1 strength not +2.

It kinda makes you wonder as to the quality of the playtesting (if indeed any playtesting actually happens, one certainly doubts it for the likes of daemons and the skaven abomination) that goes on.....

5. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

i wish people would stop complaining about the skaven abomination, but anyway... while playtesting might be scarce i doubt the people writing the articles on the GW website or White Dwarf have anything to do with playtesting or the actual game. they just see some rules and make fancy stories. only rely on 3 things for rules:
    1) BRB
    2) Army Book
    3) FAQ to some exent as they are not actually rules