7th Ed. Skirmisher stand and shoot

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by skinker, May 21, 2010.

1. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

If something charges my skirmishers, do all of them have to be more than half the charging units movement speed away, or do the ones that are still get to stand and shoot, while the ones that are too close don't get to?

2. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

I think I vote for the back ones could make a S&S reaction & the ones too close have to hold. It's similar to when your skinks shoot at an enemy & some might be in short range while others are in long range.

3. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Can anybody confirm?

4. giant stegadon
    Saurus

giant stegadon New Member

There's a similar thread on warseer about this. Go to the WHFB Rules page, its on the second page, titled "stand and shoot."

5. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

This one is fairly easy. Being able to stand and shoot the enemy only has to do with how far the enemy has to charge to get into combat. So if something movement 6 charges your skirmishers, and it is able to get into combat by moving 6 inches or less, your troops don't have time to shoot it.

If they have to charge more than 6 inches, the charged unit opens fire when the chargers come in range of all shooters.

6. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

My question is, can some of the skinks that are outside of those 6 inches still shoot, or can none of them shoot as long as 1 or more is inside the 6 inches?

7. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Caneghem answered that. No, its an all or nothing thing with stand and shoot.

8. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

No he didn't... he just said that the troops that are within 6 inches can't shoot... which is why it was still unclear.

Thanks for clearing it up.

9. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

The best way to visualize it is to imagine that it takes time to make the shot and then switch to melee weapons. If they have a short charge, there is no time and even skirmishers in the back would be getting ready for combat. Also were they to try to make a shot they'd likely put their own troops at risk, being already engaged in combat.