8th Ed. skrox getting stomped

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by ThakCo, May 12, 2011.

1. ThakCo
    Skink

ThakCo New Member

This question was asked in a different thread, but in the interest of not hijacking that thread I will ask it here.

Can a mixed unit of skinks and krox be stomped on?

I have not seen any evidence explicitly mentioning mixed units, but I feel that they should be able to be stomped. If a unit with stomp is fighting two different units, one stompable and one non-stompable, then they are allowed to stomp the stompable unit. I think the same would apply for a mixed unit, the stompable models get stomped.

However, it is not possible to stomp on monsterous bases, and a mixed unit with monsterous bases is getting stomped on.

How do others view this?

2. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

as long as whatever model is busy stomping is in base contact with a skink(or skink chief/priest) it seems the only time a model wouldn't be able to is when its only in base with kroxigors.

3. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Is an unit ,containing both infantry and monstorous infantry models, an infantry unit?

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

So far, I have played it that the skinks can be Stomped. If it is stated clearly in the rules that they cannot, I will change my position. Until that point, I have to let the skinks get stomped, unfortunately.

5. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

only infantry and warbeast units can be stomped, skrox unit isnt infantry unit, since it includes bot MI and normal infantry

6. ThakCo
    Skink

ThakCo New Member

I suppose that is what the strict application of the rules would be. I think this may be a little to literal though, as if I had a mixed unit of infantry and warbeasts the type wouldn't be infantry or warbeast so they couldn't be stomped. This clearly would go against the intent of the rule.

7. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

Rules as written. Skrox unit isnt infantry unit so it cant be stomped.

Just like 13th spell cant be cast on unit containing non-character Monstorous infantry model. (this one was in Skaven FAQ)

8. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Since stomp attacks are distributed like shooting, I've been playing it that on a 5-6, the stomp hits a kroxigor and is ignored. Opponents have been fine with this, since both parties get some benefit of the ambiguous rules.

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

That is brilliant!

10. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

so i can add a scar-vet on a cold one to my saurus blocks, and the whole block can no longer be stomped? sweeet!

seriously though, i will play it as infantry can be stomped, including skinks in skrox units. i can't see anywhere that would suggest any mixed unit would no longer be stompable.

11. Coatl
    Temple Guard

Coatl New Member

nope, doesn't work that way. in the FAQ (its either the BRB or skaven one), it says adding characters to a unit doesn't change its type. skrox units count as mixed/unique units.

12. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

Hmm, certainly can't see anything in the BRB FAQ, and i can't really see anything in the skaven FAQ being applicable anyway.

13. Juhaaha
    Razordon

Juhaaha Member

unit of skrox isnt infantry unit, so it cant be stomped as long as kroxs are alive

rules deny stomping anything other than warbeasts and infantry.