8th Ed. Skrox horde

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by hilburn, Nov 18, 2013.

1. hilburn
    Cold One

hilburn New Member

If I was inclined to make a skrox horde (not entirely sure why I would do this but oh well) how does it work?

Skinks need a 10 wide frontage (200mm) to be a horde, however monsterous infantry needs to be 6 wide (240mm).

Would I have to go 12 wide with the skinks or 5 wide with the krox?

2. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

now i'm not sure if it's the right ruling to quote but.

p. 38 - spawn - kin : whenever your are required to work out the mixed unit's frontage or rank's (and therefore supporting attacks and rank bonus) count as if the footprint of the entire mixed unit was filled with skinks.

^^

3. hilburn
    Cold One

hilburn New Member

Yup I guess that works as an answer, however it raises new ones. If you count the footprint as being filled with skinks, does that mean a full rank of krox counts as 2 ranks? And does that mean if you do go into horde, your 2nd and 3rd ranks are made up of the same models so you dont get any extra attacks anyway? (Or do the krox get to attack twice, once for each rank they are in? ^^)

4. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

Well since every krox has footprints of skinks, i'd say the kroxigor are just not horde material, since i think it means they should attack as if there were skinks in both the second and third rank - which kinda makes hording a skrox unit pointless.

Not sure i'm right here, but i think it's defended by the exact same rule.

5. twistedmagpie
    Saurus

twistedmagpie Member

However it's not that bad an idea because you get 2 ranks of skink attacks as well as a long line of Krox. Which gives the skinks a better chance of doing some damage themselves. Even though this isn't really needed.

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

BINGO :D

7. godswearhats
    Saurus

godswearhats New Member

That's a shame.

Hopefully a FAQ would make it so you could horde them with just 10 Krox.

8. Screamer
    Temple Guard

Screamer Member

It's to bad that GW hasn't clarified what they mean with second and third rank when it comes to supporting attacks and different sized footprint.

I think they should clarify this issue by just giving a horde the "attack in extra ranks" special rule.

Wouldn't really help skrox-horde, since 10 krox would need 80 skinks... Thats like 900 pts... I guess you can use those points more efficiently...