8th Ed. Skrox Questions

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Moniker, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

So! Fielded a unit of Skrox, 22+2 /w Command as an experiment. Suffice to say, more questions arose then were answered...

First off, we were playing the Watchtower Scenario and when I elected which models were fighting (up to ten) I said four skinks including champ and my two Krox, which each count as three. So he tried to target the Krox. I talked him down, citing that Great Reach is no longer a thing and that if he could target them it'd break how the unit was supposed to work. Also, that skinks were running ahead and dying in droves, which always makes him smile.

Any rulings on this? Did we do this right?

There was another rules question... I'll put it up when I remember what it was.

Also, how the crap are you supposed to use these guys? I missed my saurus so badly. I couldn't find a tactica thread for it in the tactica index. Maybe someone who makes good use of them should.

2. theodoris
    Cold One

theodoris Member

Skrox are units for flanking or taking down small units with high toughness.
    You did use the ruling right.
    Do not use a skrox unit to take a big unit, you will lose because of combat resolusion.

3. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

Remembered the second question! If sufficient wounds are targetted at the skinks (as they must) to kill them all, are excess wounds rolled against the Krox or disgarded?

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

If your opponent rolled all the wounds at one time, he hit all the skinks. If he broke them up and rolled them to kill the skinks and still has rolls left, those rolls can target the kroxigors. Your Kroxigors also get stomps at this point.

Clear as mud, right?

5. Omar
    Cold One

Omar New Member

I'll read up on the rules to get confirmation but I have to disagree in the way you played the rule when doing a building assault. In that scenario the unit counts as having no ranks, to me that tells me that there is no 2nd rank to hide behind, therefore the opponent would be in base contact with the Krox. Also, in any situation where a Krox gets a stomp an opponent gets to strike the Krox. Just my humble opinion. I will read up on it to see if that's correct.

6. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Omar is correct. When fighting in a building, there are no rank bonuses. It goes strictly by wounds. That would mean that you get do get to stomp and your opponent can strike at the kroxigors. In this situation, that is a plus as you can only have 10 models in any fight. You would use 3 Kroxigors and 3 skinks or 2 kroxigors and 4 skinks.

7. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

Attacks once allocated against a particular specific target cannot be reallocated if all that target dies. If you have excess hits (or even excess allocated attacks) after the target has been eliminated they are lost.

When you have to allocate attacks when you have multiple attacking models or multiple attack types on a single model is more tricky. Attacks at different initiative levels do not have to be allocated at the same time, you can see the results of one initiative level before deciding the next, attacks at the same initiative is more complex and subject to interpretation.