7th Ed. Skrox units - On Flanking and Wheeling

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Flint13, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Flint13
    Saurus

Flint13 New Member

In the LM army book, where it highlights Kroxigors, under the Spawn-kin rule, it establishes that a mixed unit of skrox cannot execute a turn manoeuver. This seems a little odd to me. Not only is it just kinda tacked in there, but can't the skrox unit wheel as it marches to do near the same thing as turning? It seems the one really good use for mixed skink/krox units are to flank charge things stuck in combat with a saurus/TG block, steg, etc. Even if you can only wheel once (when marching), it would put you at an agreeable angle for a flank charge would it not? Even if you don't march, with a good 6" of movement, couldn't you just wheel twice to come into roughly the same position? The way I'm seeing it, if the skrox unit was able to wheel once in the first place, wouldn't that be used just as easily to set up a flank charge in the next turn (seeing as how you can wheel once during a charge as well?) If I'm misreading any part of this, or just not connecting the rules correctly, someone please let me know.

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

If I remember it correctly, it basically means the unit cannot turn on the spot trying to show that the krox would not reform very well with the skinks. Wheeling still involves moving forward essentially so they can do that. Thats in fluff terms.

In game terms, yeah it is still fairly easy to get to flanks. I very rarely change formation/direction.