7th Ed. Skrox units

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by skinker, May 25, 2010.

1. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

I'm considering fielding skrox units just to change things up a bit, but cannot wrap my head around their special rule that says they may not make a turn maneuver... Am I reading this right, or can the unit actually never turn in any direction and may only march straight forward for the entire game?? This, in my opinion, basically makes this kind of unit worthless....

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I did not know that. That is the way it reads. I guess it could be because the Kroxigors are just beasts of burden most of the time and the skinks can only guide them toward the enemy.

3. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

they cant turn but they can wheel :)

4. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

yeah. they can still wheel as far as i understand though. still limits them quite a bit :/

i wonder how this will play in 8th ed. with the stipped down movement rules.

5. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

8th edition will also make great reach pointless because all second ranks can attack anyway. Maybe we will be allowed to put krox in the third rank and then 2 ranks of skinks attack plus the krox...

6. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

That's what I'm hoping, and maybe moving the Slann back to 3rd rank as well, for more an extra couple TG attacks.

From what I am reading reforming won't always cost you your whole movement phase. I'm thinking they might even do away with turning altogether.

7. jmg101
    Saurus

jmg101 New Member

im thinking krox will be able strike normally, it is not a normal infantry unit. their great reach rule was specifically designed for them strike from the 2nd rank. i believe there is suppose to be an errate for each army when 8th ed is realised