8th Ed. skroxigor horde

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by angry lizard, Jan 20, 2013.

1. angry lizard
    Skink

angry lizard New Member

Hey lads,
    toying with the idea of 80 skinks and 10 kroxigor. i have however a few queries.
    1] the unit will be 10 skinks wide with 2 banks of 5 krox. i believe it will be 11 deep but im not sure does each krox count as 1 or 2 ranks in this style of unit.
    2] because of the great reach rule and the fact that montsterous infantry has full attacks from the 2nd rank does this mean that my 2 lines of 5 krox will all have full attacks.

thats all really except to say buffed with the right light spell a unit like this would kill any thing i tell you, anything. [ pause for insane laughter]

2. Cravenus
    Cold One

Cravenus New Member

1st, you can only have kroxigore in the 2nd rank, they cant spam 2 deep(I kow =( )
    2nd great reach is effectively ignored. But that's OK because You still get to fight with them because of the supporting ranks rule(or w/e).

and the best part, in combat, no one can pick out the krox(unless they have a rule allowing it) they just get to beat down on skinks all day long.

3. angry lizard
    Skink

angry lizard New Member

oh well,
    thanks anyway. i really like the idea of the skrox units but god dam it skinks are hard to keep alive. i suppose the 30s/3krox ratio is the best and most effective unit size maybe a sneaky chief with a nasty item combo aswell.

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Yes, that is the best way. It is also very fun to put down a unit of 65 skinks and 3 Kroxigors and watch your opponent run from them.