8th Ed. Slaan and possible units he can join

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by smf33124, Aug 29, 2012.

1. smf33124
    Skink

smf33124 New Member

I'm new to Warhammer, and lizardmen is my first army. I've played VC and HE in my begining days before lizards. My question is, can slaan be in any other block other than TG? I have plenty of skinks and SW, but no TG. I am slowly building up my army and would really like to play slaan, but dont want to leave him open to attacks, I need some form of protection... Anything will help at this point, thanks folks.

2. Kharn The Betrayer
    Razordon

Kharn The Betrayer New Member

IMO TG>solo slann (ethereal) > Saurus> solo slann (non ethereal)

3. Jabru
    Skink

Jabru New Member

Just do slann etreal with divine plaque of protection so you have a 2+ ward agInst ranged magic and have 2-3 jungle swarms arOund him for charge blockers

4. MOMUS
    Cold One

MOMUS New Member

A slann can join lots of units, thanks to being listed as infantry, he must join a unit of TG if present though.

A good way to keep your slann alive for little points is to put him in a skirmisher bunker behind your mainline units.

5. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

I almost always run my Slann solo with the divine plaque of protection and higher state of consciousness.
    I wouldnt worry too much about charge blocking, your slann shouldnt be out at the front of your battleline and shouldnt really be left in a position to be charged.

If you come across an army with lots of Magic shooting or spells (Skaven for example), MOMUS is right, a skink skirmisher unit behind the line will give the slann an additional -1 to hit to go along with 10 expendable wounds and then the 2+ ward and minimizes miscast damage as skimirshers arent in base to base contact and templates cover less of them. (also the sun standard of Chotec is an alternative, cheaper than skinks but less useful)

6. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

And if he is close enough to the skinks he gets a "Look Out Sir!" roll as well, correct? That's some pretty cheap armor.

7. smf33124
    Skink

smf33124 New Member

Thanks everybody for all of the advice. I will try him out sooner now, rather than later.

8. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

The slaan can join anything that isn't a monster a flyer or a swarm (or a warmachine but this only matters with allies). He will however only get look out sir if he's joined to an infantry unit.