8th Ed. Slaan with TG - Challenges

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by TheLizardKing, Dec 23, 2013.

1. TheLizardKing
    Jungle Swarm

TheLizardKing New Member

So if a Slaan is in a unit of TG with no other Lizzie characters or champion and the opponent challenges you, what next?

The challenge rule says a character doesn't have to be in base contact to accecpt, and if you refuse, the enemy can chhose any character (doesn't have to be in base contact) to send to the back...so no Slaan leadership.

So the way I read it, the Slaan is suseptible to challenges, yes?

Sorry if this has been posted before, I only looked back 3 pages and didn't see anything.

While I'm at it...can characters be moved within a unit during the movement phase? If so, does it cost movement? Note, I am not talking about "make way" during combat, just normal movement.

2. godswearhats
    Saurus

godswearhats New Member

If you have no champion and only the Slann in the unit, and you are challenged, then you must either accept the Challenge or the Slann will be moved to the back of the unit. At this point, you won't be able to use his Ld for any tests in that combat, nor (if he's the BSB) will you be able to re-roll any failed Ld tests with the Hold Your Ground! rule. This is why it's a really, really, good idea to take a champion :)

Yes, they can be moved within the unit. It does cost movement in that you can't move any individual model more than twice its Movement during the movement phase, and it also counts as moving even if the rest of the unit stays still (e.g. for the purposes of shooting).

Hope this helps,
    ~gwh

3. TheLizardKing
    Jungle Swarm

TheLizardKing New Member

Thanks, yep, helps.