8th Ed. slann and challenges

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by cyanhawk, Oct 6, 2011.

1. cyanhawk
    Chameleon Skink

cyanhawk New Member

I've got an interesting one. I was fighting a chaos warrior army last night and my opponent took wulfrik the wanderer. In this particular game I had an old blood and 2 scar vets. He used wulfriks special ability on my bsb and killed him.

Wulfriks special rule says that before a game he nominates one opposing character. Against that character he gets buffed stats and they cannot refuse his challenge.

As we discussed the game afterwards I said I should have taken a slann in a TG unit so that wulfrik could not challenge out and kill my bsb.

My argument is that a Slann is never allowed to be in the first rank of a temple guard unit if they have enough models and therefore is not ever in a combat rank and is never eligible to be challenged. His argument is that wulfriks rule states that it doesn't matter where your model is in the unit it is forced to accept the challenge. I've checked all three faqs, WoC LM and BrB and cant find anything conclusive to point either way.

What are your thoughts?

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Yea we are still waiting on a new FAQ for that one,,,

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

The make way rule (I believe that is the one) forces the slann to accept the challenge. I play a Brettonia player who likes to take a hero/lord that is made for challenges and cannot be refused to kill my slann. It sucks, maybe one day, they will adjust our rules to state that the TG can take a challenge meant for the slann.

4. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

That is why it's important you keep the champ revived. I usually have a scar-vet in there too.

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Yes he can force the Slann out, cause Wulfrick picks who accepts the challenge. However just make sure to outfit your Slann with Harrowing Scrutiny, as Wulfrick's attacks are mundane he can wail on Wulfrick all day long, never able to hurt him.

6. HoverBoy
    Ripperdactil

HoverBoy New Member

Nevermind.