7th Ed. Slann and LoS

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by greenbay924, Jun 6, 2009.

1. greenbay924
    Skink

greenbay924 New Member

I am about 99% sure this gets asked a lot, but since I've checked as much of the forum as possible and couldn't find an answer, figured I'd ask it here.

The army book says a slann is treated as a large target for purposes of casting spells, does this mean he can see over friendly regiments in front of him? I ask because it would be great to bunker his unit behind a unit of saurus and reduce the chance of getting charged by that deathstar unit you don't want hitting your slann's unit. :)

On another note...is the engine's area effect magical? I ask because I play undead a lot. :)

2. salamander
    Skink

salamander New Member

Id expect he can otherwise it would be weard
    becouse he can see other the first rank of a temple guard unit
    right or wrong?

3. Wolf
    Kroxigor

Wolf Member

The Slann counts as a large target for purposes of determining LOS for casting his spells. This does not mean that he is a Large Target!! Your opponent cannot claim the +1 to hit when shooting at him. Nor can they see him with non-Large Targets of his own if the Mage-Priest is behind one of your own units.

4. greenbay924
    Skink

greenbay924 New Member

I knew that, I was just making sure I could keep his regiment out of LoS of enemy casters and still be able to use him.

5. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

There is no such thing as opposing magic when a Slann is with you! Ask my dwarf mate.. his anvil blew up when i started casting!

Anyways.. If he counts as Large when you are using your magic then it will work as a large target.

What Engine Effect? Burning Allignment? It sure is magic. Cairn Wraiths love it!

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yes he can see over friendly units fine, he counts as a large target for LoS.

There is a bit of arguement surrounding the burning alignment, it is almost definitely magical and should be counted as such. Only really rules-lawyer type players will try to argue that point. The real question is whether it is flaming or not. It probably should be, but since it doesn't say so it cannot be used as such.