7th Ed. Slann in temple guard, Burning head

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Skrox, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Skrox
    Cold One

Skrox New Member

So if I have a slann in a unit of temple guard, and I take the lore of fire, can I cast the burning head without torching at least one of my TG and possibly panicking my whole unit? I know that the unit probably would pass the test but this seems like a limitation of always being in the second rank.

Also, when in temple guard the slann can LOS as if he were a large target, but does he get 360 LOS or just a frontal arc?

2. walach
    Razordon

walach New Member

well bear in mind you only need to test for panic if you take an unsaved wound. but afaik, yes, it is still going to potentially happen.

frontal arc as far as i know....? of course he can cast magic missles through your skink priests too :)

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yep it can indeed hurt the TG as well, and in the TG unit he only gets the LoS of the unit even when rising up so frontal arc. IIRC it is only US1 characters that have 360 degree anyway so even on his own he wouldn't...

4. Skrox
    Cold One

Skrox New Member

I am new to the game and the lizardmen, so I had no idea about the sight arc of a US3 model. Good to know. Correct me if I'm am wrong but I am sure burning head isn't a magic missile, at least it isn't listed as one in the BRB, so no skink priest channeling. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

5. erians
    Razordon

erians Active Member

A unit of TGs with Slann are ITP, so no test is needed. They will take damage tho.

As strewart mentioned, only US 1 chars get 360 degrees LOS, and only when they are on their own.

6. Skrox
    Cold One

Skrox New Member

oh well, I guess I can torch one if it is the will of the old ones. They raised him from a puddle of goo, and they can melt him right back if they want to.

7. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

While it is true the Slann does NOT get 360 line of sight, the Burning Head spell is pretty clear that it can be cast in any direction.

"A spectral flaming skull shoots 18" from the caster in a straight direct path (any direction chosen by the controlling player)."

8. Caeldan
    Saurus

Caeldan New Member

Sorta related to the discussion, but does the skirmisher rule overrule the 360 LOS for >US1 models?
    So for example Salamanders I've been playing as having 360 LOS as they have skirmisher in their rules, but they are a US3 model.

9. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

It does over rule it as long as the the unit description (in bold) says Skirmishers. Otherwise anything which is not US 1 isn't skirmishing.