7th Ed. Slann in Temple Guard

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by skinker, Feb 27, 2010.

1. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

Do you randomize incoming ranged hits or does the temple guard take all the hits?

Does the slann's ward save affect the temple guard? (I'm guessing no)

Can the Slann stay in the backrow until there is only 1 temple guard left? (since his base counts as 4 wide)

If not, when must he move to the front row?

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone will come along and overrie at least one or two of these since I'm drunk, but most should be pretty ok.

The TG take all hits until their US is less than 5, then it randomises to the character. (I'm fairly sure of this, it might depend on the number of oncoming hits)

Nope, only the Slann gets the ward (I'm 100% sure of this)

Check the army book, the front rank must always be the largest. (90% sure, it is clarified on the page with different ized bases in units)

See above

3. skinker
    Temple Guard

skinker New Member

So... as long as there are 4 temple guard left, the Slann can sit in the backrow?

4. Bibamus
    Bastiladon

Bibamus New Member

the slann acts like a scar vetteran or a skink priest in a unit of TG, as long as there are another 5 rank and file models (not including champion) you get a "Lo,S!" roll and all hits hit the unit. check the army book for the entry of different base sizes in units. basically the slann can sit in the back even with 2 TG, but then you have a front row of 2 models and to get that formation you need to do a change formation maneuver.