8th Ed. Slann placement in Templeguard

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Kraxis, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Kraxis
    Jungle Swarm

Kraxis New Member

So I've been playing the game for a while but I just noticed a grey area in the LM rulebook.

According to the book the Slann must be placed in the 2nd rank in a templeguard unit then it says refer to the previous page on how to do that.

The diagram shows the Slann in the center of the 2nd rank but goes to only to explain how rank bonus works for different sized units not where, or how the Slann should be placed in the unit. The FAQ were of no help either.

My question is this, can a Slann be placed on the far side in the 2nd rank? The rules only state he needs to be in the 2nd rank, but does not say "centered" or "in the middle"

The reason I want to know is if the Slann does miscast and rolls a 7 for instance, he will only blow up 8 templeguard instead of 12, if he were on the far side of the 2nd rank.

2. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

If you get flank charged though your slann will be in base to base combat and unable to cast. Also looks funny
    But I assume you could do it.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

HMM....

I supose you could rank up the temple guard up 2 or 3 wide and have a similar effect...
    reforming in 8th is prety easy to acomplish.

4. Kraxis
    Jungle Swarm

Kraxis New Member

If I have a strong unit on the flank where the Slann is exposed (Say a 30+ saurus block) then I should be fine there.

I did consider 3 wide, but then the unit would have no rank bonus.

Still good to get some opinions on the rules in case I over looked something.

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Yeah you can place him anywhere in the second rank. I agree though, a flank might be a bit of a problem. Don't want your toad geting killed while the TG still live.