8th Ed. Slann, Temple Guard and spells

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Cobra7, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Cobra7
    Skink

Cobra7 Member

Few questions,

Assuming that a Slann is in a unit of temple guard for these.

1. Purple Sun, template needs to be placed in base contact with the caster, does that mean it hits the temple guard in front of him?

2. The Penumbral Pendulum, shoots out from the caster as per a cannon ball. does it also hit the temple guard in front? As a direct Damage spell, can a slann in TG even cast it?

3. Smoke and Mirrors, can a Slann teleport out of a unit of temple guard?

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

1. It does hit the TG.
    2. The same as 1. However, the slann can raise up via the float rule (I think that is the one) to cast that spell. Unless you measure from where the distance roll is to start the bounce on that spell. Then, it would not hit a temple guard (clear as mud right?).
    3. Unless you have another slann on the field for him to switch with, he cannot leave that unit.

3. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

1. Agree with Arli

2. I am pretty certain penubrual pendulum hits everything in a straight line starting from the caster and doesnt fly and then bounce like a cannonball. Therefor a TG will be hit.

3. Agree with Arli

4. Sao
    Cold One

Sao New Member

1 and 3 been agreed.

On Q2 its states that he is a large target when casting spells. therefore his magic will 'project' above the TG heads. Thats how I have always seen it. Very very muddy rule. should of been FAQ rather than the cuupped question.

Lloyd

5. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

First of all he is not a large target anymore he just floats above them. However there is nothing to go over the heads of the TG in that case as far as I read it. Everything in a straight line would mean the magic starts its damadge from the front of the slanns base. If you start saying that he shoots it over their heads it will open a whole lot of problems when a swarm is 1" in front of your guards and you want them to be hit. How could the magic go from just above the head of the TG down in such a steep angle without hitting the TG and then continue on for X".

Ps: I havent read the exact wording so if I am not making any sence then just ignore me.

6. BEEGfrog
    Razordon

BEEGfrog Member

Don't forget the burning head from fire.