7th Ed. slann terrorness.

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Walgis, May 17, 2010.

1. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

there is a dicipline that your slann becomes a terror coser. if he is in the TG unit. does the terror goes to them?

2. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

On page 78 of the big rule book, it state: "Sometimes an enemy unit of ordinary troops is led by a mighty character that causes fear or terror. Such units gain the same immunities as the character for as long as he is with them."

To me, that means that the unit of TG now cause terror. They also gain immune to psychology as long as the slann is with them which supports that stance as well.

Hope this helps.

3. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

As far as I know, the unit does not cause terror, but does become immune to fear and terror causers. Also, because the Slann is in the middle of a TG unit, when someone wants to charge you, they do not have to make a Terror test as they are not coming in contact with the terror causing mode (in this case, the Slann).

In terms of combat resolution you only have a US3 model causing fear so it's doubtful you will auto-break anyone.

In terms of the 6" starting terror test, since you are a big block, most folks that close will already have charged you or be in combat, so this test is essentially useless.

I find the only value in a Slann causing terror is if your run him solo.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

You can however give the unit a magic banner that makes the whole unit cause fear...

5. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

yeah i know that but that banner is also 50 pts, so i thought i could take terror rather then fear. thanks for your help :)

6. Caneghem
    Carnasaur

Caneghem New Member

In 8th edition terror is rumored to add +2 or 3? to combat resolution. Auto-break is gone, but adding an extra 2 to your TG combat res would be awesome! For 50 points more, you can add the BSB/warbanner to the Slann as well, making him a +4 static res machine! Don't forget your unit banner as well as 3 ranks... +8 res?

We can wish..

7. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

well now i planing on playing a gam where my Tg unit gets 3+for ranks, +1bsb+1warbanner+1standart, and there will be a chempion and scar vet in this units so 8+ combat res beat this :)