8th Ed. slann

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by slann5, Jan 23, 2014.

1. slann5
    Skink

slann5 New Member

Can the slann be stomped the reason i say this because it says not on foot as per special rules and the special rules include stomp thoughts i obviously play lizards but my opponent who killed me with the phoenix stomps thinks otherwise. Thanks.

2. VampTeddy
    Terradon

VampTeddy Active Member

Stomp doesn't mention anything about not hitting models on foot, it does mention infantry though, which a slann is!

3. T_Saurus
    Cold One

T_Saurus Member

The Slann can be stomped. The Palanquin rule states you are an infantry model but not "model on foot". The stomp and thunderstomp rules make no distinction to the victim needing to be on foot or not. It says Infantry, War beasts and Swarms can be stomped so unfortunately yes the Slann can be stomped.

4. slann5
    Skink

slann5 New Member

Really gutted on the verdict with this one what does it mean by special rules not being applied to infantry? Understand spells and magic items.

5. T_Saurus
    Cold One

T_Saurus Member

The only real situation that I have encountered is not being able to take the Arabyan Carpet. I haven't looked into other situations beyond that. Damn wanted to make an ethereal flying Slann :p

6. slann5
    Skink

slann5 New Member

What I can see is spells transformation of kadon, magic as you say arabyan carpet but special rules as of page 66-79 is or could be killing blow or stomp.

7. slann5
    Skink

slann5 New Member

The whole lizardmen army is infantry that's why the slann is. Putting him as MC so he can't be stomped or killing blowed would be he wouldn't get a look out sir ie with temple guard, or am I thinking to much!

8. T_Saurus
    Cold One

T_Saurus Member

The Slann can still be killing blowed and stomped. The stipulation is that the target is an infantry model (or cav for Killing Blow)

9. godswearhats
    Saurus

godswearhats New Member

The only things (as far as I'm aware) that DON'T apply to the Slann but that DO apply to other infantry models are the two that have been mentioned: Arabyan Carpet and Transformation of Kadon. Other than that, all other rules apply (so yes he can be Stomped, killed with Killing Blow, even transformed with the dreaded thirteenth spell of the Skaven).

Hope this helps,
    ~gwh